Home

Upcoming Events

There are no Upcoming Events

Condividi contenuti

Where do we post the news?

174 risposte [Ultimo contenuto]
Nanouk_Metal
Iscritto: 1 Mar 2008

Me guessing that many of you do not know how to point to a specific post.

Tutorial:
Each post (except the first one) has a number.

a) click on that  #.
b) it will take it to the top of a page and change the URL.
c) use this new URL for a direct link to that specific post.

If providing a direct link is too much trouble, at minimum, give us the title of the
thread + the # of the post.

Is that too much to ask ? ? ?

Here is the link I could have been given right at the beginning(halfway down that post)...click here

Sophia
Ritratto di Sophia
Iscritto: 30 Dic 2008

Nanouk, I absolutely confess that I only found that out a few DAYS ago, after playing with Drupal for YEARS  So I guess that is a good reminder to all of us, thanks! 

You think you see me but I'm not really here

Al'Kaera
Ritratto di Al'Kaera
Iscritto: 6 Lug 2008

Nanouk_Metal wrote:

Tutorial:

a) click on that  #.
b) it will take it to the top of a page and change the URL.
c) use this new URL for a direct link to that specific post.

Is that too much to ask ? ? ?

Yes it is too much to ask, lol.

Edited Tutorial:

a) right click on that  #, select Copy Shortcut.
b) Paste this URL for a direct link to that specific post.

again KI 102324  ancient KI 5969479

Nanouk_Metal

To be double checked by Szark

Sites offline?
13- D'ni Worlds:     http://forum.dniworlds.com/
50 & 31 - Uruberlus/Mystonline section (French):     http://www.uruberlus.com/forum/

Check for typo...
18- Fakultät für Forschung und Abenteuer Foren-Übersicht (Greman) Greman or German ?

Corrections to be made
24 - Guild of Healers: (link to be changed to)...         http://guildofhealers.net/
26 & 40 - Guild of Writers: (Link to be changed to)... http://forum.guildofwriters.com/
34 - MOUL French:  (link to be changed to)...            http://mystonline.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=18
37 - MOUL (Italian):  (link to be changed to)...          http://mystonline.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=21

Szark
Ritratto di Szark
Magazine moderatorMagazine teamMessenger
Iscritto: 12 Gen 2008

http://dniworlds.com/ ot should be until the forum comes back on as stated in May's issue of the paper as for the rest corrected. cheers.

Szark
Ritratto di Szark

someone put this on the web links

As of Jun 28 2009 - 02:15, this link is reporting errors.

beside After Uru Forum (German)

Please don't do this there do it here and the link is ok. Works everytime I click on it. Perhaps (as you are not familiar with the site) they have had a change around. Which is what happened.

EDIT: The darn website did it. I would say clever website but it is not that clever. I have had to change some links to direct people to the portal or front page or main page depending what term you use.

Leonardo
Ritratto di Leonardo
WebmasterLiaisonTranslatorMessenger
Iscritto: 19 Giu 2008

Great Work Szark!

I've made some corrections to the links:

Typos
Changed Mystonline to Mystonline.info
Changed Aurora(italian) to Il Quartiere (Italian)
Added a link to MYSTlore
Changed the link for mystonline.com (I thought I changed it yesterday ), if you put as URL: http://mystonline.com/en/ you will automatically point everyone to the english version of the website. If you delete the /en/ part the website will automatically find the right language to diplay the website for the reader.

Szark
Ritratto di Szark

Leonardo wrote:

Great Work Szark!

I've made some corrections to the links:

Typos
Changed Mystonline to Mystonline.info
Changed Aurora(italian) to Il Quartiere (Italian)
Added a link to MYSTlore

Cheers Leo.

Leonardo wrote:

Changed the link for mystonline.com (I thought I changed it yesterday ), if you put as URL: http://mystonline.com/en/ you will automatically point everyone to the english version of the website. If you delete the /en/ part the website will automatically find the right language to diplay the website for the reader.

And that is what made it disappear this morning when I looked. So I changed it back to avoid another disappearence due to a bad connection. Which the sites does, apparently.

Leonardo
Ritratto di Leonardo

Yes Mystonline.com seems to have some connections problems when the traffic is high (day in the USA), but using one URL or another shouldn't be different for the server.

Szark
Ritratto di Szark

I have been in cintact with the Mysterium committee and they would like to post Mysterium updates on a few forums themselves. So I have updated the first page to show which sites they would like to do. I know that I manually post these things myself but I may not always be here.

Nanouk_Metal

Two changes for my list.

33 - Mystepedia (French): http://www.mystpedia.net/forum to be changed to...
33 - MystPedia (French): http://www.mystpedia.net/forum

New site:
Myst Universe (French) Forum *Le Live*: http://www.myst-universe.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=12

Szark
Ritratto di Szark

Nanouk if you have forum access to edit then feel free to do so as I will not be updating the thread anymore.

Thanks

Leonardo
Ritratto di Leonardo

Szark, will you still take care of posting the Newspaper Announcement of the forums?

Nanouk_Metal

Szark wrote:

Nanouk if you have forum access to edit then feel free to do so as I will not be updating the thread anymore.

Thanks

OK, done.

Szark
Ritratto di Szark

Yes I can do that Leo.

Szark
Ritratto di Szark

With recent events I will no longer be updating this list. Sorry but I have no choice.

Szark
Ritratto di Szark

Ok I am back no so i have a choice. LOL

Theremin came up with a great suggestion tonight at the meeting. We are going to create a new Google guild mail address. With that I will go and register that e-mail using GoMe Messenger as the account name and using the same password for all the forums. This will enable any Messenger to post on these sites. It will take a bit of time as I need to get speacail permissions for the new accounts for some sites. I will let you all know when all this has been done.

For now though I will only be doing the English or sites that don't mind English posts. If our other members would like to help with some of the other languages then post your interest and I will send the details when we have them.

Szark
Ritratto di Szark

Wow that was a mission and a half. I have registered with all the site that are under Szark and White heading with the new Gome mail addy and GoMeMessenger user name. Once they are all oked (I have activated them all) I will let you know. Plus I need to get the special permissions redone.

Lunanne
Ritratto di Lunanne
Rel.to MaintainerMagazine moderatorMagazine teamTranslatorMessenger
Iscritto: 17 Gen 2010

I'll post on the Dutch forums, Szark, under my own name. They know i'm GoMe liaison and using other accounts would only make it more confusing.

That is www.dutchmystcommunity.com  and www.mystfriends.nl

Szark
Ritratto di Szark

Yeah no problem I will attend to this tomorrow and add yuo to the list. Thanks for this Lunanne :D

Leonardo
Ritratto di Leonardo

Big thumbsup for Szark!

Could you PM me the password of the distribution account? When I created it I left the temp password XD

Szark
Ritratto di Szark

Cheers Leo and PM sent.

PS On another note I have come up against Cyan's policy on having two accounts on the same IP address. Mac_fife is looking into this for me. If it is a problem I will be popping down to my friends house to make a new account. So no biggie there. There is always a solution.

Another PS: I have just been informed that it is the IP address for when posting that will be the issue. Which might mean if they say no I won't be able to post anything on MOUL with any other username apart from my own account. Anyway it is in Cyan's hands. I have explained why we want this and the advantages of having a blanket Messenger user name account.

kaeebonrai
Ritratto di kaeebonrai
Iscritto: 20 Gen 2008

From Hoikas, when we were talking about the GoMe news account

13:00 Hoikas I actually deleted that account on the GoW as well
13:00 kaelis|atwork oh =P
13:00 kaelis|atwork that was a real account. =P:
13:00 kaelis|atwork *=P
13:00 Hoikas Accounts may not be shared among multiple people
13:01 kaelis|atwork <g>
13:01 Hoikas Thank Tyion and CCN for that
13:01 kaelis|atwork will do. =P

It has been deleted, and will not be allowed to re-register. =)

Szark
Ritratto di Szark

Well so much for the spirit of cooperation.  

Thanks for letting me know kaelisebonral

kaeebonrai
Ritratto di kaeebonrai
Iscritto: 20 Gen 2008

it really is Tyion's fault, sadly. He evaded a ban several times, eventually using a CCN multiple user account as an excuse to evade the ban, which resulted in him being IP-banned, and multi-user accounts being disallowed. >.<

So, blame Tyion.

Theremin
Ritratto di Theremin
Iscritto: 18 Ago 2008

Hmmm... interesting. Can either of you point me to where these rules are posted? I'm not trying to get around them, but am just curious as to what they say.

semplerfi
Ritratto di semplerfi
Iscritto: 5 Gen 2008

Theremin wrote:

snip<<<<< am just curious as to what they say.

http://forum.guildofwriters.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4426&start=10

Tsar Hoikas wrote:
Due to the recent outrage, I am going to provide all of you with an explanation to why Tyion was banned.

Tyion's banning was designed to be a "time out" because he went on a tirade on a private NDA'ed forum. Fortunately, the subject of his tirade is so very tangential that I can share the gist of it with you here. Tyion essentially gave us the CrisGer treatment. He stated that we were all evil haxxors and were killing Uru. This in itself was not bad; however, Tyion had his own project forum here, and therefore was listed on the "The Team" page. Having a halfway "representative" of the Guild behaving in such a way is completely unacceptable.
A few weeks later, I'm driving home from school thinking about unbanning Tyion. I made a side trip into walmart to grab something, and as I was entering the store I received a text message that informed me that "the Tyion situation" was blowing up. So, I rush home to see what was going on and find Tyion had posted on the forum, evading his ban. Hah. Yes, I was really going to unban him after that. Fast forward to now. CCNRep is Tyion. This is the same thing.
Now, I have a bomb shell. This is important. Read this.
Do you guys remember our friend kahinj who so vehemently opposed Tyion's banning? I found his behavior odd. I thought that he was being too persistent in wanting Tyion to be unbanned. With this in mind, I checked out Tyion's, CCNRep's, and kahinj's accounts the AdminCP and ModCP. I found out something interesting...
Kahinj is Tyion.
Tyion was banned on Sat Dec 05, 2009 at 8:55 pm
Kahinj registered on Sun Dec 06, 2009 at 6:26 am
Kahinj registered from the IP address 76.22.92.103 which Tyion has posted from.
CCNRep whom we all know is Tyion has posted from the IP 24.19.65.12 which Kahinj has also posted from. Tyion and CCNRep registered from an IP in the same B block.
Tyion's original ban evasion account also posted from one that Kahinj did according to the ModCP. I'm too lazy to figure out which one though (the account was deleted, so I would have to go find the thread)
[spoiler=All Evidence]Tyion's Registration IP: 24.19.140.200
CCNRep's Registration IP: 24.19.65.129
Kahinj's Registration IP: 76.22.92.103
----CCNRep Posted From IPs----
----Tyion Posted From IPs----
24.19.65.129 (See: CCNRep)
76.22.92.103  (See: Kahinj Registration & Posts)
----Kahinj Posted From IPs----
76.22.92.103 (See: Tyion's posts)
24.19.140.200 (See Tyion's Registration)[/spoiler]
You would be amazed at how well the ModeratorCP shows that these three people are one in the same.
Tyion, Kahinj, and CCNRep are now all permabanned. All IPs listed for all three of these users will be banned forever. There will be no exceptions.
Moral of this story: Do not evade bans. I was going to unban Tyion. Now I am not.
Thank you for your attention. The prosecution rests its case.

Szark
Ritratto di Szark

Na I don't blame people for anything but thanks for taking the time to explain matters more. Such as life. No point it getting upset about all this. It is one of those things.

Thanks Semp for the enlightenment. :D

Gee I wish people would just get on with things and chill out.

Szark

Theremin
Ritratto di Theremin
Iscritto: 18 Ago 2008

Szark wrote:

Gee I wish people would just get on with things and chill out.

Hey, chill out man!

I was wondering if Cyan had this "policy" posted somewhere...?

Szark
Ritratto di Szark

If I chill out any more I will be frozen. :D Not sure about Cyan. Haven't heard anything yet. Its not the be all and end all if we don't get it sorted. Shame though as the idea was a sound one.